Contract for Sale of Animals
1. Introduction. Agreement: made [date] between [name], of [address] (Seller), and [name], of [address] (Buyer).
2. Description of Animals. Seller agrees to sell and Buyer agrees to buy [number] of [description of animals, including applicable brands, marks]. The animals are presently located at [address].
3. Delivery. The animals are to be delivered FOB [location] at [address] on [date].
4. Warranties. The animals will be in good merchantable condition, free from all infections and contagious diseases. Seller guarantees title to the animals, free from all taxes, liens, and encumbrances.
5. Payment. Buyer agrees to pay ---------- dollars ($----------) for the animals, as follows: [terms and time of payment; for example, if the animals are to be delivered in groups, rather than in one delivery ---------- dollars ($----------) will be paid on receipt of the first delivery ---------- dollars ($----------) will be paid on receipt of each subsequent delivery, and the balance will be paid on receipt of the final delivery].
6. Inspection Prior to Shipment. All animals will be inspected, at Seller's expense, prior to loading, in accordance with all federal, state, and other laws and regulations.
7. Title. Title to the animals will pass to Buyer after acceptance of the animals by Buyer.
8. Defects. If the animals tendered by Seller fail to comply with the terms of this Contract, Buyer reserves the right to reject such animals, and the risk of loss remains on the Seller until Seller cures the defect.
9. Acceptance. Buyer may examine the animals on arrival. Not later than [number] days after arrival, Buyer may give written notice to Seller of any defects to which the animals are subject. Buyer must detail the defects and the animals affected. If Buyer fails to send such a notice to Seller within the time specified, Buyer will be deemed to have accepted the animals. If Buyer sends timely notice, Buyer will be deemed to have accepted all animals not subject to a defect.