What after a motor vehicle accident? This is the main question most people ask daily! Even the best drivers get into accidents. So, here are the instructions which you should follow after an accident:
1. Stop your vehicle after the accident. If your vehicle is involved in an accident and you don't stop, you may be subject to criminal prosecution.
2. Call the police if anyone is injured, if the total damage to all the vehicles involved appears to be more than $2,000, or you suspect that any of the other drivers involved are guilty of a Criminal Code offence.
3. If you have access to a digital camera or a cell phone, you should use it to take pictures of the scene.
5. Call your insurance company as soon as possible after the accident.
4. Record information and consult any of the motor vehicle accident lawyers
Five types of evidence to collect:
Photos of the scene
Witness contact information
Medical and income records
This will help the lawyer in getting you the insurance amount you deserve!