As the Industrial Revolution swept America, Europe, and the rest of what is now known as the industrialized world, more and more people left their rural lives to live in cities and work in factories. As the number of such employees rose and working conditions worsened, it became clear that the government would need to step in to protect the rights of the workers. These initial efforts eventually gave way to modern employment law.
Employment law protects employees from any mistreatment by their employers. Thanks to the working conditions described above, laws to establish fair wages, limit the number of hours worked in a week, and prevent children from being exploited were among the first components of employment law. Rules were also established to regulate the cleanliness of the workplace, and employers were required to take precautions to protect their employees and prevent dangerous accidents. These initial efforts are still an important part of employment law, although they have been improved and expanded as needed over the years.
Employment law protects other rights of employees, too. Laws have been passed to establish standards that employers must follow in providing benefits, such as health insurance, to their employees; this includes additional coverage for health problems that arise due to conditions of the job or workplace. Employment law also includes protection against discrimination in the workplace based on race, gender, religion, disability, or veteran status, and makes provisions for the employment of foreigners.
- Washington Employment Lawyersstellerlaw.comDescription: Teller & Associates State: WashingtonCountry: United States
- The Employment Law Solicitorstheemploymentlawsolicitors.co.ukDescription: The Employment Law Solicitors - handling full range of employment law matters. Offices in Manchester, Cheshire, Lancashire, Yorkshire, Devon, and Cornwall
Latest Lawyer Listings
- Law Offices of Jason C. Matalas, P.C.Category: AttorneysDescription: "When Your Future Depends on it – You Need the Best. Expert Divorce and Family law representation dedicated to protecting your family, your assets and your future. Let’s get started. Call Us Now: (978) 304-2888" Country: United States
- Atlanta Law ResolutionCategory: Tax LawDescription: People pay millions of dollars every year to " tax resolution" companies with little or no results. The are sucked in my constant stream of radio and TV ads and the high cost of many "Tax attorney". After helping people with debt problems for 30 years ...Country: United States
- RIGHT LawyersCategory: AttorneysDescription: Right Lawyers was started in 2004 by divorce attorney Stacy Rocheleau. She started the firm in an executive suite. Just Stacy, an office the size of a broom closet, a computer, and a few law books. 12 years later the firm has grown by adding four attorney ...Country: United States
- Schneider HammersCategory: Personal InjuryDescription: Schneider Hammers is an Atlanta personal injury law firm with over 40 years of collective experience. Clients do not pay unless the firm wins their case. Call today for a free injury review! 770-884-4626. Our practice is focused exclusively on helping ...Country: United States
- Burg Simpson - Trial LawyerCategory: AttorneysDescription: Founded: 1977 By Michael S. Burg Attorneys: 60+ trial lawyers, based in five offices in Colorado, Wyoming, Ohio and Arizona and providing nationwide legal representation Passion: To fight for peoples’ legal rights and hold negligent corporations and ...Country: United States
- Show more...
Post is under moderationStream item published successfully. Item will now be visible on your stream.