We are going to give you a breakdown of what Pre-settlement funding is. Pre-settlement funding a phrase that many people don't understand. Many people believe that this is a loan, although it is not. These Funding firms provide you with an advance to lawsuit plaintiffs who wouldn't normally get money before they settle. It buys you time in order to go through your lawsuit without settling pre-maturely.
This is also often times referred to as lawsuit funding, but they aren't a "loan". The benefits are that there isn't credit check, neither will there be any collateral. You get your cash advance against the lawsuit settlement amount you expect to receive for your claim. When you win your lawsuit, you pay the settlement funding company back an amount that is predetermined. Often times you aren't involved and they take care of that for you. In the event that you lose, there is no recourse involved. There is no repayment.
Pre-settlement funding is an option that plaintiffs in personal injury lawsuits use to help them avoid financial stress while waiting for their case to settle. Often, victims end up settling with their insurance companies, which usually ends up leaving the plaintiff with a lesser amount than they filed suit for. By obtaining a lawsuit loan, you can pay household bills, medical fees and other costs and avoid getting further in debt.
So, how do you get started? Discuss the benefits of contacting a litigation funding company with your lawyer. He can then contact the company, and send them the documents and other information about your claim. Once this information is in the hands of the funding company, they will review it and make a decision the same day. If you qualify, you will receive your lawsuit loan the next day.
Most cases involving pre-settlement funding are personal injury cases. When you have been injured because of someone else's carelessness, you may not be able to work. This means you have lost wages and medical costs that were caused by the accident. You deserve the right to file a claim for the costs incurred because someone else was being negligent. Litigation funding companies offer you the chance to get the money you need to live comfortably and pay all of your obligations while seeking compensation.
Remember, lawsuit loans are an option when you need money for the duration of your case. There are no monthly repayments, and if you lose you owe absolutely nothing. If pre-settlement funding sounds like an option that will benefit you, contact your attorney to discuss the matter. This could be exactly what you need to get full compensation for your injuries and other expenses resulting from someone else's negligence.
A “statute of limitation” is a time frame that defines the length of time an individual has to file a claim. The time limit begins when an injury occurs, or is discovered, and concludes on the latest date the injured person can file suit. These time limits vary from state to state, and depend on the type of claim to be filed. The time frame of the statute of limitations usually begins when the injury or wrongful act occurs. However, some states may allow a claim to proceed if the wrongdoing or injury was not discovered until a later date. The time frame would then begin on the date of discovery.
When faced with the possibility of a lawsuit, many people want to seek the help of an attorney. Though it is possible to represent yourself in a lawsuit, there are cases where the assistance of an attorney is invaluable. Lawyers are not only trained in and very knowledgeable of the law, but have experience in preparing documents, courtroom procedure, settlement negotiation, and other aspects of legal proceedings. Some lawyers may even have experience in a case very similar to yours. The hiring of an attorney will help things to run more smoothly in your case, and may very will increase any potential judgment or settlement you may receive, depending on their skills and past experience in this area.
The purpose of this section is to help you familiarize yourself with the process of deciding to hire an attorney. When faced with the question “Do I have a lawsuit?”, there may be several degrees of an answer. An attorney will be able to asses your case and determine whether or not your suit has valid grounds, and hopefully after reading this site you will have a better idea yourself.
Contacting or hiring an attorney does not necessarily mean you are filing a suit against anyone. However, it is a good idea to do this if you feel you have a case. An attorney will be able to assess your case in the first meeting and advise you of your rights and options for litigating the case. Should you choose not to hire an attorney and you mishandle your own case due to lack of knowledge or lack of skill, it is unlikely that an attorney will be able to undo your mistakes and may even refuse to accept your case.
You must be comfortable sharing with an attorney any personal or otherwise confidential information about yourself. Though highly personal, these details can often help to create a more effective argument in your case. Your lawyer must be aware of everything that might pertain to your lawsuit, so you must be comfortable in sharing these details with another person.
The area of law into which your legal problem falls will help you a great deal in determining the lawyer that you want to hire. Many lawyers have a certain area of the law that they specialize in or have a great deal of experience in. It would be of great advantage to have an attorney who has had experience in and is familiar with the area of law in which your case falls. For instance, though your friend may highly recommend the lawyer who handled his divorce, this lawyer may not have much experience in Medical Malpractice.
Though many people may balk at the cost of hiring an attorney, the fees charged are usually worth the experience and professionalism an attorney can bring to the courtroom. There are certain areas of the law where an experienced lawyer is highly recommended, in order for you to have a fair trial and to negotiate the settlement that you deserve. Below is a brief description of several areas of the law where a lawyer is most certainly recommended.
Latest Lawyer Listings
- Law Offices of Jason C. Matalas, P.C.Category: AttorneysDescription: "When Your Future Depends on it – You Need the Best. Expert Divorce and Family law representation dedicated to protecting your family, your assets and your future. Let’s get started. Call Us Now: (978) 304-2888" Country: United States
- Atlanta Law ResolutionCategory: Tax LawDescription: People pay millions of dollars every year to " tax resolution" companies with little or no results. The are sucked in my constant stream of radio and TV ads and the high cost of many "Tax attorney". After helping people with debt problems for 30 years ...Country: United States
- RIGHT LawyersCategory: AttorneysDescription: Right Lawyers was started in 2004 by divorce attorney Stacy Rocheleau. She started the firm in an executive suite. Just Stacy, an office the size of a broom closet, a computer, and a few law books. 12 years later the firm has grown by adding four attorney ...Country: United States
- Schneider HammersCategory: Personal InjuryDescription: Schneider Hammers is an Atlanta personal injury law firm with over 40 years of collective experience. Clients do not pay unless the firm wins their case. Call today for a free injury review! 770-884-4626. Our practice is focused exclusively on helping ...Country: United States
- Burg Simpson - Trial LawyerCategory: AttorneysDescription: Founded: 1977 By Michael S. Burg Attorneys: 60+ trial lawyers, based in five offices in Colorado, Wyoming, Ohio and Arizona and providing nationwide legal representation Passion: To fight for peoples’ legal rights and hold negligent corporations and ...Country: United States
- Show more...
Post is under moderationStream item published successfully. Item will now be visible on your stream.