When creditors are knocking, it is time to reconsider your priorities. Slipping behind on your payments--occasionally--is not a cause for concern. You know you can stretch your bills a month or two and catch up paying only a few late fees. Chronic lateness however is a different matter.
If you lose ground every month, added late fees alone can destroy your financial health. You are on a slow-motion roller coaster heading down. If realize you are in this position, worrying will not help. You have options. Take charge of your future.
No one wants to file bankruptcy. Perhaps you intend to try a debt management plan or a debt settlement plan. These tactics are worthy of your consideration. The trick, if you use them, is not compromising your bankruptcy alternatives. You would not marry the first person who smiles. Take your time and keep your options open until you understand the ripple effect of your choices. Then decide what you must do.
Bankruptcy is a full strength solution that is available to almost everyone. Success claiming maximum benefits in one chapter or two chapters successively is more difficult. You must choose a far-reaching and complementary strategy to enhance your unique personal situation. Debt management and settlements are but two available tactics. Chapter 7 is an option to consider later if necessary. Chapter 13 provides the power to defeat even IRS super-priorities. You should know when to convert Chapter 7 to Chapter 13 and back. All tactics should work in harmony to serve your ultimate goal: your strategy for long-term financial security.
Before committing to any course of action, review your qualification and the availability of a wide range of choices. Consider your overall strategy and your options may complement each other. It is not difficult to keep your options open, profitably, and insure you receive the greatest benefits each step of the way. If filing bankruptcy becomes necessary, keep all assets you now own and discharge all debts quickly. You can plan your strategy yourself or with the assistance of an attorney. But, there is always a catch. You must be the first to act. In the meantime, do not waste another cent on needless payments once filing becomes imminent.
Dave Clark is a lawyer who enjoys writing about bankruptcy strategies for Chapter 7 and Chapter 13. If you have questions about how to convert Chapter 7 to Chapter 13, contact him through his website.
Before you sign any contract with an attorney it is very important to understand how they expect to be paid. Be aware that an attorney cannot always estimate exactly how much their services will cost you in the end. It can be difficult to know how much work is going to be involved in a case, or how long the lawsuit will go on. However, they can and should be able to give you an idea of the cost range and you can always request it be kept to a minimum. If you have any questions about your fee arrangement, or any trepidation about the cost, be sure to discuss this thoroughly with your attorney before signing a contract.
Latest Lawyer Listings
- Nadrich & Cohen, LLPCategory: Personal InjuryDescription: Aggressive California Personal Injury Attorneys, Automobile Accidents, Trucking Accidents, Defective Products, Bad faith, and Nursing Home Negligence.Country: United States
- Hasbrook & HasbrookCategory: Personal InjuryDescription: The attorneys at Hasbrook & Hasbrook serve Oklahomans injured or wronged by the actions of others. As Oklahoma personal injury attorneys, we choose to represent people instead of corporations and insurance companies.Country: United States
- Law Offices of Jason C. Matalas, P.C.Category: AttorneysDescription: "When Your Future Depends on it – You Need the Best. Expert Divorce and Family law representation dedicated to protecting your family, your assets and your future. Let’s get started. Call Us Now: (978) 304-2888" Country: United States
- Atlanta Law ResolutionCategory: Tax LawDescription: People pay millions of dollars every year to " tax resolution" companies with little or no results. The are sucked in my constant stream of radio and TV ads and the high cost of many "Tax attorney". After helping people with debt problems for 30 years ...Country: United States
- RIGHT LawyersCategory: AttorneysDescription: Right Lawyers was started in 2004 by divorce attorney Stacy Rocheleau. She started the firm in an executive suite. Just Stacy, an office the size of a broom closet, a computer, and a few law books. 12 years later the firm has grown by adding four attorney ...Country: United States
- Show more...
Post is under moderationStream item published successfully. Item will now be visible on your stream.