A motor vehicle crash can be terrifying event, and when it happens, most people are utterly unprepared for what to do next. What you do, what you say, and how you deal with the other people at the crash site can have legal implications that affect you for the rest of your life. Both at the time of the crash and later on, there are some basic actions that seasoned auto collision attorneys recommend as legal first aid to protect your rights: * At the time of the crash After a crash you may be in a state of shock, and too seriously injured to do anything on your own behalf. If you are able to move about safely, it is important to obtain names of witnesses who observed what occurred and to exchange driver's license and insurance information with all other drivers involved in the crash. This is essential to do whether or not a police or highway patrol officer is called to the scene. * As soon as possible afterwards Be sure to notify your insurance carrier of the collision and to cooperate fully with your own insurance company. * Be aware of statutes of limitation in your state These laws limit the time by when you must file a claim or a lawsuit. It is important to know which statutes apply to your particular circumstance. It is wise to contact a knowledgeable automobile collision lawyer as soon as possible after the crash in order to make sure that your rights are not forfeited, and that you can pursue your civil remedies. * Investigation and gathering evidence It is crucially important for investigation to start before memories fade and before critical evidence at the collision scene has been removed, washed away or otherwise eliminated. Experienced automotive collision lawyers work with motor vehicle collision investigators who can travel to wherever your vehicle collision occurred to help find vital evidence and secure it for your case. While you are receiving medical care and recovering from your injuries, you many not feel ready to have your case resolved. Nonetheless, evidence collection needs to be under way. An experienced auto collision lawyer can obtain factual statements, scene photographs, accurate measurements, and collision photographs, leaving you to focus on your recovery and return to the quality of life you enjoyed before your injuries.
After a motorcycle or car accident that wasn't your fault, you could be forgiven for thinking that going through your insurance company would give you the best possible outcome. At OneCallSortsAll (www.onecallsortsall.co.uk) we disagree, our solicitors and staff pride themselves on getting you a better deal after your car or motorcycle accident. Here are just three of the many reasons why you should avoid car insurance company nightmares and go with OneCallSortsAll complete accident management.
- Car Recovery After the Accident Need your car recovered? Well with a call to us, we will dispatch a recovery vehicle the same day to recover your vehicle. After an accident, securing your damaged vehicle can be a nightmare; you might be away from home, or you or another passenger might have been injured and need to go to hospital. We have arrangements with recovery companies across England and Wales, so we can offer you fast vehicle recovery.
- Claim Costs for Car Repairs Need repairs done to your vehicle after an accident? Going through your insurance company might seem like the best choice, until you have to fork out for your excess. Avoid the nightmare of having to pay extra to repair your car with OneCallSortsAll. Our solicitors can claim back the cost of any vehicle repairs so you won't be left out of pocket.
- Like for Like Courtesy Car Ok, so your car is out of action after your accident, looks like you will have put up with a worn out, underpowered old courtesy car whilst your own vehicle is being repaired - an absolute nightmare.
Call the team at OneCallSortsAll and we'll get you sorted with a like for like replacement hire vehicle for you to use whilst your own motor is off the road. We think you'll agree that this is a great deal, all the repairs to your car taken care of, and compensation for any injuries you might have suffered in your accident, and as if that wasn't good enough, you won't have to pay us a penny. So if you're unfortunate enough to have an accident on the road, One Call really will Sort All. Log on now to www.onecallsortsall.co.uk to see what we can offer to you, or call 0800 056 0975 to start your compensation claim today.
"What are "no-fault benefits"?
"No-fault benefits" are also often referred to as "Personal Injury Protection benefits or "PIP Benefits" for short. No Fault or PIP benefits refers to insurance coverage provided by your own automobile insurance policy regardless of who was at fault in the automobile accident. In other words, simply because the other driver was at fault does not mean that your insurance will not pay you for your injuries. In fact, the opposite is true. No fault benefits may include compensation for wage loss, medical expenses, mileage and replacement vehicle. Under Minnesota law, all motor vehicle owners must have no-fault coverage as part of their automobile insurance coverage. No Fault insurances is also called first-party coverage. This means that if you are injured in a car accident, it is your insurance that pays the no fault compensation rather than the insurance of the party at fault or even the insurance of the vehicle in which you were riding. Essentially, no fault coverage applies to the insured person, not the vehicle.
How much coverage is necessary? Minnesota requires automobile owners to carry a minimum no-fault policy that pays $20,000 for medical coverage for any individual and $20,000 for all other losses including any income loss, replacement services and other economic losses. The requirement for insurance is set out in Minnesota Statutes
Latest Lawyer Listings
- Law Offices of Jason C. Matalas, P.C.Category: AttorneysDescription: "When Your Future Depends on it – You Need the Best. Expert Divorce and Family law representation dedicated to protecting your family, your assets and your future. Let’s get started. Call Us Now: (978) 304-2888" Country: United States
- Atlanta Law ResolutionCategory: Tax LawDescription: People pay millions of dollars every year to " tax resolution" companies with little or no results. The are sucked in my constant stream of radio and TV ads and the high cost of many "Tax attorney". After helping people with debt problems for 30 years ...Country: United States
- RIGHT LawyersCategory: AttorneysDescription: Right Lawyers was started in 2004 by divorce attorney Stacy Rocheleau. She started the firm in an executive suite. Just Stacy, an office the size of a broom closet, a computer, and a few law books. 12 years later the firm has grown by adding four attorney ...Country: United States
- Schneider HammersCategory: Personal InjuryDescription: Schneider Hammers is an Atlanta personal injury law firm with over 40 years of collective experience. Clients do not pay unless the firm wins their case. Call today for a free injury review! 770-884-4626. Our practice is focused exclusively on helping ...Country: United States
- Burg Simpson - Trial LawyerCategory: AttorneysDescription: Founded: 1977 By Michael S. Burg Attorneys: 60+ trial lawyers, based in five offices in Colorado, Wyoming, Ohio and Arizona and providing nationwide legal representation Passion: To fight for peoples’ legal rights and hold negligent corporations and ...Country: United States
- Show more...
Post is under moderationStream item published successfully. Item will now be visible on your stream.