At the beginning of the month a multi-vehicle accident occurred in Lassen County when a drunk driver hit an oncoming truck in a head-on collision. The drunk driver was in an SUV when he failed to see that a pickup truck was driving in the lane next to him going the opposite direction. The 55-year old drunk driver of the SUV swerved into the wrong lane and hit the truck head-on. The truck was being driven by a 93-year old woman.
Unable to gain control of the truck after being hit, the woman driving the truck spun across several lanes of traffic and hit an oncoming van. The van was being driven by a 74-year old Ravendale resident. Apparently the truck was carrying a 55-gallon drum of scrap metal which flew out of the truck bed and landed onto yet another vehicle being driven by a man from Susanville. The truck being with the 93-year old woman finally came to a stop when it got stuck in a large pile of rocks. Because of the angle at which the truck hit the van, the 77-year old woman driving the van was actually trapped inside for a time until police and rescuers could extract her from the vehicle.
Thankfully no one was killed in this horrific accident, but three of those who were involved were injured. This accident involving four different vehicles was caused by a single drunk driver who was unable to stay in his own lane on the road. His vision, judgment, and directional perception were all impaired due to the presence of alcohol in his system. He has now been arrested for felony driving under the influence of alcohol. He is currently being held in the Lassen County Jail.
It is thanks to the anti-drunk driving laws and sanctions put in place by the state of California that the number of drunk driving accidents has decreased each year over the last decade. In fact, the number of drunk driving accidents has decreased all over the country as many states have adopted the drunk driving laws which California has utilized for ten or more years. An example of one of these laws is that new drivers and drivers that are renewing their licenses are required to sign a written, an anti-drunk driving acknowledgment at the DMV. The acknowledgment states that if they cause a fatal automobile accident because of driving under the influence, they can and will be held accountable in a court of law for the deaths that occur. Several other states have also adopted or are in the process of adopting this written acknowledgment as well.
If you have been injured or if a loved one has been killed in a drunk driving accident in the state of California, call a personal injury attorney to discuss your rights and the rights of your deceased relative. California personal injury attorneys handle injury and wrongful death claims resultant of drunk driving accidents on regular basis and can help you receive the compensation you deserve for your loss.
Learn more info about Los Angeles personal injury lawyers here.
Article by Dataflurry Law Firm Marketing
A lemon law is a type of law that protects consumers from getting bad products, in this case, vehicles. In the United States, each of the states has its own form of lemon law. Each state regulates how much is to be provided as well as what standards each vehicle must be sold under. In basic terms, if the manufacturer says that the vehicle runs well and it doesn't, then they are in violation of the lemon law of that state depending on the state's specific standards. In most cases, anyone selling a bad car must replace it or refund the money for the car.
But, remember that each state is different. Each state has its own requirement for how much should be provided by the previous owner to the current owner. Also, in most cases, any defaults in the vehicle should be presented to the new owner prior to the purchase. If you find that a new car has actually been used, for example, you can have the dealership repurchase it from you or provide you with the new car.
It is important, though, that you check out your state's exact wording on the lemon law. What should you do if you think someone has violated the lemon law on your purchase?
* Contact your attorney and ask them if they feel that you may have been violated. Many will provide free counseling to provide you with an understanding if you do have a case or not.
* Make sure to keep your paperwork. It is very important for you to have any and all documentation of the car, its history and its current condition in your hand.
* The attorney will tell you about the lemon law of the state and you will decide what the next step is from there.
* You should contact your attorney prior to trying to deal with the company yourself as to avoid more problems.
For more information please see http://www.lemon-law-help.co.uk
Latest Lawyer Listings
- Law Offices of Jason C. Matalas, P.C.Category: AttorneysDescription: "When Your Future Depends on it – You Need the Best. Expert Divorce and Family law representation dedicated to protecting your family, your assets and your future. Let’s get started. Call Us Now: (978) 304-2888" Country: United States
- Atlanta Law ResolutionCategory: Tax LawDescription: People pay millions of dollars every year to " tax resolution" companies with little or no results. The are sucked in my constant stream of radio and TV ads and the high cost of many "Tax attorney". After helping people with debt problems for 30 years ...Country: United States
- RIGHT LawyersCategory: AttorneysDescription: Right Lawyers was started in 2004 by divorce attorney Stacy Rocheleau. She started the firm in an executive suite. Just Stacy, an office the size of a broom closet, a computer, and a few law books. 12 years later the firm has grown by adding four attorney ...Country: United States
- Schneider HammersCategory: Personal InjuryDescription: Schneider Hammers is an Atlanta personal injury law firm with over 40 years of collective experience. Clients do not pay unless the firm wins their case. Call today for a free injury review! 770-884-4626. Our practice is focused exclusively on helping ...Country: United States
- Burg Simpson - Trial LawyerCategory: AttorneysDescription: Founded: 1977 By Michael S. Burg Attorneys: 60+ trial lawyers, based in five offices in Colorado, Wyoming, Ohio and Arizona and providing nationwide legal representation Passion: To fight for peoples’ legal rights and hold negligent corporations and ...Country: United States
- Show more...
Post is under moderationStream item published successfully. Item will now be visible on your stream.