A common occurrence in United States and Texas in particular, burn injuries is not only physically painful but is also mentally agonizing. Prospects of losing the excellence of appearances and having a social stigma are both highly disturbing for mental states of any victim.
Some of the situations in which such burn injuries could happen are residential fires, explosions, automobile accidents (leading to a fuel fed fire), heaters (including hot water), other workplace accidents, and electrical malfunction. Such risks are widespread including public places like restaurants, theater halls, and public transport systems or homes including apartment fires.
Personal injury laws in Texas are based in torts. Broadly speaking a tort is harmful act or failure to act for which the law provides necessary remedies. Burn injuries suffered due to negligence on the part of others can be a tort. Hence, generally, the victim has the right to sue whoever commits a tort for damages.
While law might be clear and unambiguous, it could be an altogether different proposition getting the best results using such laws without the necessary expertise. Many times it requires an experienced Texas personal injury lawyer to find out what caused the fire and who may be held accountable.
Victims in Texas that require exploring injury lawsuits can benefit using the services of an experienced professional Texas personal injury attorney to handle their burn injury cases. Often after a fire or explosion the victim is in no condition to investigate the cause or origin or the fire and is well advised to find the most successful and experienced burn injury lawyer they can as soon as possible.
Driving while intoxicated leads to thousands of deaths each year and may be the number one preventable cause of loss of life. Let us consider some of the facts about drunk driving in this blog.
*Annually there is an average of 40,000 highway deaths each year. Forty percent of these are attributable to drunk drivers. That means anywhere from 16,000 to 18,000 lives could possibly be saved if inebriated persons made the choice to find another way to their destination other than getting behind the wheel of their car when drunk.
*The latest ‘catch-phrase’ is ‘buzzed-driving’ and it’s more than just the subject for some fifteen second public service announcements. You see in many states a person is considered legally intoxicated when their blood alcohol content level registers 0.08 but there are certainly similar behaviors that occur when a person’s BAC is 0.05 (or lower), 0.06, and 0.07. These include diminished reaction times and increased bravado that leads to greater chance-taking.
*The level of intoxicated at which a teen is considered drunk is 0.02 in most states. This is interesting because the fact is that teen drinking is illegal. That should mean that they should only register a 0.00. Now, while I realize this may be unrealistic in a country that courts youth with advertisements about the glamour of drinking – it behooves a parent to counter these messages – before they find their teen and/or themselves at the defense counter in a courtroom.
Drinking and driving is a bad combination. Teens need to know the real consequences of drunk driving accidents. There are folks such as Krystas Karing Angles that tour schools with wrecked vehicles to help educate young drivers of the dangers of drinking and driving. I urge you to support them.
Greg Baumgartner is a Houston DWI accident victims lawyer and the founder of the Baumgartner law firm, which is dedicated to helping injury victims seek civil justice. For a free no obligation consultation with a Texas personal injury lawyer call the Baumgartner firm. toll free at 866-758-4529.
What consumers need to know about personal injury lawyers (part 1)
Reputation does matter, in personal injury lawsuits. Probably one of the most important factors in evaluating personal injury claims from the insurance perspective is the reputation of the plaintiff's lawyer. Insurers are sophisticated consumers who keep detailed data on the lawyer's performance and track record. All of this is used when valuing an injury case.
NOT ALL LAWYERS ENJOY REPUTATIONS THAT ADD VALUE TO A CASE
Some lawyers have a reputation for being ethical, and committed advocates for their clients. Others may have a volume practice which is based on moving cases and not necessarily maximizing the value for the client. Many of the volume practice attorneys have a cookie-cutter approach to settling cases and really had no intention of trying some types of cases. The insurance company knows this and values cases held by such lawyers accordingly.
MOST LAWYERS CHARGE THE SAME PERCENTAGE
Personal injury cases are generally handled on a contingency basis. What consumers need to know is a good personal injury attorney probably charges the same percentage as a mediocre personal injury attorney. The bigger picture in serious injury cases is what is the net recovery for the victim.
ASK FOR REFERENCES
It is always a good idea to investigate the attorney you select for reputation, past results and the ability to handle your case. Many attorneys advertise for personal injury cases but on closer scrutiny you find they also advertise for criminal cases, wills, and other legal matters. Be leery of a general practitioner in more sophisticated personal injury matters.
About the author:
Greg Baumgartner is a Houston personal injury lawyer who handles truck accidents, auto accidents, wrongful death claims and select serious injury litigation.
Latest Lawyer Listings
- Hasbrook & HasbrookCategory: Personal InjuryDescription: The attorneys at Hasbrook & Hasbrook serve Oklahomans injured or wronged by the actions of others. As Oklahoma personal injury attorneys, we choose to represent people instead of corporations and insurance companies.Country: United States
- Law Offices of Jason C. Matalas, P.C.Category: AttorneysDescription: "When Your Future Depends on it – You Need the Best. Expert Divorce and Family law representation dedicated to protecting your family, your assets and your future. Let’s get started. Call Us Now: (978) 304-2888" Country: United States
- Atlanta Law ResolutionCategory: Tax LawDescription: People pay millions of dollars every year to " tax resolution" companies with little or no results. The are sucked in my constant stream of radio and TV ads and the high cost of many "Tax attorney". After helping people with debt problems for 30 years ...Country: United States
- RIGHT LawyersCategory: AttorneysDescription: Right Lawyers was started in 2004 by divorce attorney Stacy Rocheleau. She started the firm in an executive suite. Just Stacy, an office the size of a broom closet, a computer, and a few law books. 12 years later the firm has grown by adding four attorney ...Country: United States
- Schneider HammersCategory: Personal InjuryDescription: Schneider Hammers is an Atlanta personal injury law firm with over 40 years of collective experience. Clients do not pay unless the firm wins their case. Call today for a free injury review! 770-884-4626. Our practice is focused exclusively on helping ...Country: United States
- Show more...
Post is under moderationStream item published successfully. Item will now be visible on your stream.