Date of agreement ___________, 20 __.
(1) Party A, [ ] incorporated in [ ] with company number [ ] and whose registered office is at [ ]; and
(2) Party B, [ ] incorporated in [ ] with company number [ ] and whose registered office is at [ ]
Party A and Party B agree to exchange data traffic at FICIX Internet Exchange points, in accordance with the terms in this agreement and in accordance with FICIX membership terms.
1. Definition of Internet Network
Internet Network shall mean a communications network running TCP/IP and other common Internet protocols.
2 Exchange of traffic
The parties agree that they will exchange digital communications traffic at FICIX subject terms mentioned in this agreements, respect IX membership terms and honor FICIX peering etiquette to best achievable extend.
3. Network operations
Each party will at its own expense and on an reasonable efforts basis, provide network operations center (NOC) support in cooperation with the other so as to maintain the smooth operation of the Internetwork service. Each party will use reasonable efforts to achieve a minimum end-to-end one way packet delay.
3.2 Customer support
Each party will be responsible for handling the interface (e.g. receiving descriptions of, and solving problems or answering questions) with its customers.
3.3 Route aggregation
Each party will use reasonable efforts to provide the highest practicable level of route aggregation in its exchange of routes with the other party.
3.4 Route flapping
Each party will use reasonable efforts to minimize the amount of route flap (or change in routes) transmitted from their own network to the other party's network.
4. Transit traffic
Transit traffic is traffic that has its origin or destination in a network which is not part of this agreement. Such traffic should not be covered by the agreement.
5. Settlement fees
Each party agrees not to charge the other party for interconnection-related matters, including charges based on traffic volume, commonly called "settlements".
6. Press releases
The parties may publicly announce that they have completed this agreement.
7. Liability/warranty disclaimer
The parties make no warranties of any kind regarding the interconnection, express or implied, including, but not limited to, any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. In no event shall either party be liable to the other party, its customers or any third party for any lost or distorted messages, damage to or destruction of data, information files or databases, loss of profits or other economic loss, or for any other direct, indirect, special or consequential damages resulting from the performance or non-performance of this agreement.
8. Governing law
This agreement shall be governed by the laws of Finland.
9. Each party's service fees
Each party will independently establish the charges to its customers for the services provided under this agreement.
10. Force majeure
Neither party shall be responsible for failure to fulfill its obligations due to causes beyond its control.
11. Term and Termination
This agreement shall continue in effect until terminated by one of the parties. Termination of the agreement requires 2-months notice in advance.
Each party may assign its rights and responsibilities to another organisation upon written notice to the other party in the event of merger, sale, or transfer of its ownership to such organisation, provided that the assignee is a firm duly organized to conduct Internet network business. Each party may also assign its rights and responsibilities to a parent, affiliate or subsidiary of the assignor upon written notice to the other party, provided that the assignee is a firm duly organized to conduct Internet network business.
If any provision of this agreement is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be contrary to law, the remaining provisions of this agreement will remain in full force and effect.
Neither party will be in default of this agreement until the other party has provided the defaulting party with written notice and a reasonable amount of time (not to exceed 30 days) to cure. Disputes shall be finally settled on commercial arbitration in Helsinki by one (1) arbitrator in Finnish language.
15. Contact information
Main contact in operational matters at Party A is XX.
Main contact in operational matters at Party B is YY.
For and on the behalf of Party A:
For and on the behalf of Party B:
1. "Affiliate" means any person or entity controlling, controlled by or under common control with either Party.
2. "Border Gateway Protocol-4" or "BGP-4" means the industry standard as at the date of this Agreement or as subsequently modified from time to time for an inter-Autonomous System routing protocol, including support for both route aggregation and classless inter domain routing ("CIDR").
4. "Network" means a communications network running transmission control protocol/internet protocol ("TCP/IP") and other IP.
5. "Peering Session" means an instance of the BGP-4 protocol running between a router of each Party at an Interconnection Point in order to pass on real time signaling information between each Party by advertisement and withdrawal of routes.
6. "Routed Networks" means those Networks identified by network prefix and mask pairs advertised in a Peering Session by the relevant Party which relate to the Networks of that Party, its customers, and those of any third parties with whom the Party has an agreement to advertise such Networks.
7. "Traffic" means IP Datagrams moving through any Network.
8. "Transit Traffic" means the movement of Traffic from one Party through the Network of the other Party before delivery of such Traffic to a Third Party Network.
9. "Third Party Network" means any Network which is not a part of either Party's Routed Networks.